Healthy, Quick, N Easy Cinnamon Toast
photo by brokenburner
- Ready In:
- Spread the butter on the bread (you have to spread it rather thin, but you don't really need much to make it good)
- Sprinkle on as much cinnamon as you like.
- Sprinkle the sugar evenly all over the bread slice.
- (Again, you may feel that it's being spread rather thin, but I find that all it needs is a little)
- Put in a toaster oven until nicely toasted, and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Our family has been making this forever. We now use Benecol spread on the bread, topped with a litte brown sugar which is pressed into the spread and sprinkled over with the desired amout of cinnamon. We broil on low until we like the texture of the toast. We love this treat with a glass of milk or hot cup of coffee. Thanks for sharing this wonderful little gem with others.
As a cinnamon-lover, it wasn't hard for me to like this recipe! I used Smart Squeeze for the "butter," but I don't really think it was necessary... it would have been equally good without it. I used Splenda and a pinch of cinnamon per slice. I toasted the bread first, then intended to turn it over and put the cinnamon and Splenda on the other side so that both sides would be toasted, but I forgot to turn it over, so I toasted the same side twice. It was still great, though! We'll be making this again. Thanks for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a 16 year old cook-aholic, hoping to someday become a chef. I spend most of my time on my computer or workin out. Eating healthy is extremely important to me, so I'm always trying to find new ways to cut back on fat and calories in my recipies, while retaining the delicious flavor.