Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy combination of tomatoes and chicken makes for a fast super- tasty dish.
Make and share this Quick Fettuccine Cacciatore, Italian recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1 cup sliced green pepper
- 1 cup slived mushroom
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup shredded itian mozzarella cheese or 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, blend
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil leaf (optional)
- Cook pasta and directed, meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet on a medium -high heat. ADD CHicken; cook and stir until its not pink. ADD peppers and mushrooms; cook 3 min., stirring occasionally.
- STIR in tomatoes with their liquid an the dressing. Reduce heat to medium low; simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- TOSS pasta with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
I would probably give this recipe 4.5 stars, but I did make a couple of big changes. First, I used spaghetti/marinara sauce in place of the canned tomatoes. I used a little over 2 cups. I also used Kraft Caesar Vinaigrette instead of Zesty Italian. I increased the amount of dressing to 1/2 cup. I think that the marinara sauce is what makes the sauce better. My boyfriend raved that I had outdone myself like usual and the best thing is that this dish really does take only twenty minutes.
This was yummy and easy! I left out the mushrooms (DH isn't a fan) otherwise made as written. Good, but not memorable...