Recipe by Stinkerbelle
Quick and easy tiramisu-like dessert. Eliminates need for lady fingers and espresso. My entire family enjoys this light treat!
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafer cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
- 5 eggs, separated
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- chocolate, to create shavings for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate 5 eggs.
- -Whip egg whites until they form hard peaks, set aside.
- -Whip egg yolks and sugar until mixture reaches a pale yellow color.
- Blend in cream cheese and marscapone into egg yolk and sugar mixture for 5 minutes.
- Add instant coffee crystals and continue to blend with mixture until crystals dissolve.
- Add egg whites into creamed mix.
- Line bottom of 8X8 or 9X9 pan with wafer cookies.
- OPTIONAL STEP - you may brush tops of cookies with coffee for added flavor. I tried and found it took some of crunch out of cookies.
- Spread layer of creamed mixture on top of cookies.
- Repeat layering until creamed mix is gone.
- Top of dessert should be cream layer.
- Use chocolate to make shavings or dust onto top of completed dessert.
- You may refridgerate or freeze depending on preference.