Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe for green beans (or at least before I tweaked it!) was seen in the June/July 2010 issue of Taste of Home cooking magazine.
- 453.59 g green beans, trimmed, cut into 2-inch sections
- 59.14 ml unsalted butter, cubed
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml italian seasoning
- 2.46 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2.46 ml lemon zest, minced
- Put beans in a steamer & bring water to a boil, then steam 8 to 10 minutes or until just crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the rest of the ingredients until butter is melted.
- Put beans in a serving bowl & drizzle them with the butter mixture, tossing to coat.
Definitely delicious! Used frozen green beans. Had ours with baked chicken, dressing, and mashed potatoes. Thanks Syd for a great dinner.
I give it a 5 but my family doesn't like lemon so I'll be eating this alone! Very simple to make. Thanks
Great beans! I used some fresh green beans that I had frozen and they still tasted fresh in this recipe. Loved the Italian seasoning and the blast of lemon zest. Thanks Syd for a nice keeper. Made for Best of 2012 Tag.