Recipe by AnneBear
This is a slight variation on a Joy of Cooking recipe. I never have buttermilk on hand, and it doesn't seem worth buying a whole carton for one recipe, so I always use milk and lemon juice.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place wax paper on a large baking sheet.
- Combine dry ingredients (except chocolate) in a large bowl.
- Combine other ingredients in a second bowl.
- Blend the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto the baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes.