Recipe by punkypiglet07
This chili recipe has been adapted from others to make it my own. The very first time i made it, i was quite impressed and had to share! The cook and prep time is quick, and it packs an awesome kick that isn't too spicy but just perfect. I made this for a potluck at work and it was the first thing to go! Its good without toppings but you can also serve it with sour cream, chives, cheese, etc. You can also add a variety of meats to your own personal preference.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground meat, of your choice (i used ground turkey)
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Mexican-style tomatoes (Rotel)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 (14 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Cook meat with onions and jalapenos until meat is cooked through, in a large pot or dutch oven.
- 2. Drain any excess grease and add tomatoes, sauce, seasonings, and water. Bring to a boil.
- 3. Add beans. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Serve with toppings of choice.