Recipe by wicked cook 46
From Sunset. Have not made yet, posting for safe keeping. Can use dry breadcrumbs.
Top Review by Maito
Used dry breadcrumbs that also had lemon and parmesan mixed into them, and they really made the flavor of this. I also used probably twice the amount of breadcrumbs (I used a lasagna pan, so there was a lot of surface area, and this is what looked about right for it). I used less salt and like another person, 1 can of beans. This was a great warming meal - nice and comforting, especially in the winter.
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup minced shallot
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked chicken (1-inch chunks )
- 8 ounces cooked chicken or 8 ounces duck sausage, sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1 whole dried bay leaf
- 1⁄2 cup de-fatted chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix bread crumbs and 2 tablespoons oil until well combined.
- Pour remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil into a 3-quart ovenproof pan over medium heat. When hot, add shallots, garlic, and carrot and stir occasionally until carrot is tender, about 7 minutes. Add beans, chicken, sausages, tomatoes, herbes de Provence, bay leaf, chicken broth, salt, and pepper; stir until well combined.
- Cover and bake in a 350° regular or convection oven until beans are hot, about 30 minutes; uncover and sprinkle top evenly with bread-crumb mixture. Bake until top is browned and edges are bubbling, about 20 minutes longer.