Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from an old magazine.
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 (28 ounce) canwhole tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a large skillet. Add the garlic, pepper, onion, and orzo. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Drain and return to the skillet.
- Add the tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, and water, breaking up the tomatoes with a wooden spoon. Bring mixture to a simmer and add the chicken, olives, and cheese.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with some Parmesan if desired and serve immediately.
Made it without chicken, and 2 cans of diced tomatoes. It was very good, thank you!