Recipe by The Uncreative Cook
This is a recipe that I got out of Nick Jr. Family magazine. Easy and good. I like to substitute black beans for pinto beans, and I like to warm the tortillas in the oven instead of microwave.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans, drain & rinse
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup preshredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 6 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, carrot, cumin, and chili powder and cook until the chicken is no longer pink, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, corn, cheese and salsa and cook until heated through and the cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stack the tortillas on a microwave-safe plate, uncovered, and heat in the microwave until warmed through, 30 to 45 seconds.
- Assemble by placing the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Wrap burrito-style and serve.