Quick Chicken Fajita Burritos
- Ready In:
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bell pepper
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 4 tortillas
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried black beans
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup spinach, shredded
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- Cook chicken in a large skillet with oil. Remove cooked chicken; cover and keep warm.
- Add sliced veggies to pan and cook over high heat 10 minutes or until tender and blackened.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons of fajita seasoning (recipe below), 1/4 cup water, and lime juice.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat beans until hot and shred the cheese. Briefly warm the tortillas.
- Spoon beans, meat and veggies into tortillas and top with cheese, spinach and sour cream, or have people assemble themselves.
- Combine last 10 ingredients in a lidded container - I used an old spice jar - and use 3 tablespoons to equal 1 packet of fajita or taco seasoning.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Extremely busy evening law student/mom just trying to keep her three kids healthy and her husband sane.