Prep 7 mins
Cook 10 mins
What a treat for Sunday brunch! Adapted from Southern Living. (Time does not include baking the biscuits.)
- 4 frozen biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chop and divide
- 1 (1 ounce) package hollandaise sauce mix (or make your own)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup cooked ham, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups loosely pack arugula (optional)
- 1 small avocado, sliced (optional)
- black pepper, to taste
- Bake biscuits according to package.
- Combine melted butter, 1 tablespoons chives; split biscuits, and brush with mixture.
- Place biscuits, buttered side up on a baking sheet and bake at 375°F for 5 minutes or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, prepare Hollandaise according to package, using milk and lemon juice but omit the butter.
- Sauté ham in skillet over med- heat 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir ham and red pepper, if using, into Hollandaise sauce; keep warm.
- Add water to a depth of 2 inches in a large sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and maintain at a light simmer.
- Add ½ teas white vinegar. Break eggs one at a time into a large serving spoon, and slip carefully into the water.
- Simmer 3-5 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Remove with slotted spoon. Trim edges with sharp knife.
- To Serve:.
- Place bottom biscuit halves, buttered side up on 4 warmed plates.
- Top with arugula, slices of avocado (if using), and then poached eggs.
- Pour the Hollandaise mixture evenly over eggs.
- Sprinkle with remain chives and black pepper to taste.
- Serve remaining biscuit halves on side.
This WAS a Sunday Brunch treat for us Caro! GORGEOUS! I used wholewheat muffins in place of biscuits and did not add the avocado, but DID add the Rocket (Arugula) which was a GREAT addition. I made my own Hollandaise sauce and used some frozen chopped chives, as my garden is frozen right now! We had TWO small eggs each and we BOTH absolutely LOVED this..........it was quick too, as I already had chopped cooked ham! Made for the Aussie/NZ Recipe swap and another one on the list for Xmas Morn'! Merci, FT:-)