This is the BEST Pasta casserole dish I have come across!If you like ground beef dishes this is the greatest!I always freeze my leftover beef gravy to have on hand for this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb coarse lean ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup red marinara sauce or 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup good beef gravy (homemade beef gravy)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup romano cheese, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon whole dried rosemary
- salt and black pepper, freshly ground to taste
- 3/4 lb penne pasta (short,small pasta tubes)
- 1Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil.
- 2Heat a large frying pan and add the oil,beef and garlic.
- 3Saute until the meat is tender and then drain excess fat.
- 4Add all remaining ingredients except the cheese for topping and the pasta.
- 5Simmer the mixture while the pasta cooks until just barely tender.
- 6Drain the pasta and mix it with the sauce.
- 7Pour all into a 3 quart glass rectangular baking dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- 8Bake uncovered at 350* for 25 minutes or until all is bubbly hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Baked Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.1
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 57.4 mg
- Sodium 401.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 20.6 g