Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A hearty tomato soup. Perfect for any day of the week or year. Great comfort food! Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis of Everyday Italian.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Warm the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the carrots, onion, and garlic and saute until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the jar of marinara sauce, chicken broth, cannellini beans, red pepper flakes, pasta, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Ladle into bowls and serve.
This is an awesome recipe. I made it after my husband and I saw a repeat of the show earlier. It is simple yet incredibly flavorful. My son, a tomato soup connoisseur (read - very picky) gave it two thumbs up. I made it with grilled smoked cheddar on sour dough bread. Yummo!
I might try the recipe with vegetable stock instead of chicken stock if I want to go completely vegetarian.
Really quick & easy. Great with grilled cheese. Thanks.