Recipe by KelBel
A hearty tomato soup. Perfect for any day of the week or year. Great comfort food! Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis of Everyday Italian.
Top Review by ChefCrittersMom
This is an awesome recipe. I made it after my husband and I saw a repeat of the show earlier. It is simple yet incredibly flavorful. My son, a tomato soup connoisseur (read - very picky) gave it two thumbs up. I made it with grilled smoked cheddar on sour dough bread. Yummo!
I might try the recipe with vegetable stock instead of chicken stock if I want to go completely vegetarian.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the carrots, onion, and garlic and saute until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the jar of marinara sauce, chicken broth, cannellini beans, red pepper flakes, pasta, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Ladle into bowls and serve.