A hearty tomato soup. Perfect for any day of the week or year. Great comfort food! Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis of Everyday Italian.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup elbow macaroni
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Warm the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the carrots, onion, and garlic and saute until soft, about 2 minutes.
- 3Add the jar of marinara sauce, chicken broth, cannellini beans, red pepper flakes, pasta, salt and pepper.
- 4Simmer for 10 minutes. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (601 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.8
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 4.1 mg
- Sodium 1829.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.8 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 20.6 g