Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
My daughter loves gravy! She seemed to be asking for it when my recipes didn't include gravy. So,I came up with this good, easy, low fat, low cholesterol vegetarian gravy.
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup wine (I use what ever is open)
- 1 bay leaf
- In saucepan whisk ingredients together and simmer low about 5 minutes.
- Makes about 3 1/2 cups.
Even before I was vegetarian I was not a big gravy person, although did like them on my potatoes/turkey at holidays. This year for Christmas we decided to make Tofu Turkey Roast (#146092) so decided to find a vegetarian gravy to go with it. This was such an incredibly easy recipe which was very quick. The result was great. I really enjoyed this on the vegetarian turkey loaf. The consistancy was perfect. I admit I did not have wine so just used water which worked nicely as well. Thanks for such an easy, tasty recipe!