photo by artdadd
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil, if the pan is not non-stick
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 150 g mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups seedless grapes
- Heat the oil in a large pan (preferably non-stick) over a medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken breast halves and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Turn the chicken breast halves over, add the garlic and mushrooms and sauté for another 3 minutes, or until the garlic and mushrooms soften and the chicken is golden brown.
- Remove the chicken breast halves, garlic and mushrooms from the pan, keep warm, and pour off the excess oil.
- Add the sugar and half of the wine to the pan, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the remaining wine and simmer until the wine is reduced by half.
- Mix the stock and cornstarch in a small bowl, whisk into the wine mixture and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the sauce.
- Add the grapes and simmer for a further 2 minutes, or until the juices run clear.
- Serve over rice or noodles with your favourite side dish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this as directed. Since I've never experienced grapes in my main dish before, I harkened back to my spoiled days when I lived near wine country in California; I thought nostalgically of when I went to the Wente Vineyards winery's awesome restaurant, which is worth every penny for a Step-Mother's Day or birthday splurge! I think I'll check its cookbook, The Vineyard Table, for a similar recipe. I also thought, "Man, this would be awesome with some vineyard grapes!" Alas, my DH didn't like the "sweetness" the grapes added; poor soul didn't realize that there is added sugar! I admit that I have a sweet tooth; DH has the salt tooth; between us we lick the plate clean (kind of like Jack Spratt!). The sauce reduced wonderfully; next time I will double it. I also served on a bed of 5 grams carbs linguine -- very delicious! Thanks, BlueMoon DownUnder! Made for Zaar Stars.
This was a great dish. I was happily surprised because I had to make quite a few substitutions. We used chicken breasts for the meat eaters and quorn cutlets for the vegetarians. I had Riesling wine opened so I used that instead of white. And we used veggie stock instead of chicken stock and red globe grapes. I served it over pasta. Thanks for a unique solution to our "what's for dinner" dilemma tonight.
see 8 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
July 2008 update: VERY happy to be back on Zaar after about a two year absence due to having had no internet connection at home, and having been too unwell for a time so that getting re-connected wasn't even a priority! <br> <br>And really looking forward to getting back into the Zaar world and connecting again with the many wonderful people I knew before, and new people, of course!