Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Soup in a hurry that tastes like you worked all day. Great way to get quick soup without using the store bought canned stuff. This is a thin soup we like to use lots of crackers.
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large celery rib
- 8 baby carrots
- 5 ears sweet corn
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16 ounce) jarcreamy alfredo sauce (my favorite brand is Classico)
- Pull chicken from bones and cut or shred into bite size chuncks. Set aside.
- Cut corn from ear and set aside.
- Put onion, celery, and carrots into food processor and pulse until desired size.
- Melt butter in soup pot add the onion, celery, and carrots. Saute 2-3 minutes.
- Add water, corn, and bouillon cubes. Let boil for 10 minutes (longer if you have big chunks of vegetables).
- Add chicken and stir.
- Add the jar of creamy alfredo and stir quickly until combined well. Remove from heat and serve.
- Possible garnishes: shredded cheese and real bacon bits (the soft kind NOT bacos).