Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
Another recipe from my Granny. It's actually named "Best Cobbler Ever" and it is the one I usually turn to when those fresh Georgia peaches are in season! With three little helpers in my kitchen, it's not always quick and easy -- but if you are making it by yourself, it is! Once you get the peaches peeled and sliced, it's in the oven before you know it. It's good warm with ice cream on top, or cold straight from the fridge...
- 4 cups peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup self-rising flour (or 1 cup all purpose plus 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder and 1/2 tsp. salt)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 pinch salt (I reckon a pinch is a little less than 1/8 tsp., that's what I've always put in and it turns out jus)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place fruit on bottom of a 13x9x2" baking dish.
- Pour lemon juice over fruit.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup - 1 cup sugar over fruit, depending on sweetness of fruit.
- Mix flour, 1 cup sugar, egg, butter and salt.
- Place on top of fruit mixture, spreading carefully.
- Bake at 350 until brown. (about 45 minutes).