Recipe by ErinM82
This is a very easy and very fast recipe for those busy nights when you still crave a hot meal. With just the right amount of heat and flavor, it's a kid- and adult-pleaser alike! Think of this as a starter recipe and feel free to add corn, beans, or whatever your family likes!
Top Review by GibbyLou
Based on previous reviews I baked the bottom of the casserole for 15 minutes before adding the filling. I browned, drained, and rinsed the ground beef, then added the taco seasoning and onion. After adding the salsa, I decided to omit the tomatoes. 10 oz is a lot of cheese. I used about 5 oz which still seemed like a lot. Put most of it under the top layer. I baked it for 15 minutes, then added the remaining cheese to the top and baked for another 5 minutes. This was a good and quick weeknight meal. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 8 ounces salsa (should be the more liquid type and not too chunky)
- 1 (16 ounce) canfinely diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can crescent rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 8x8 pan with nonstick spray.
- Begin browning ground beef. Add taco seasoning.
- After beef is mostly cooked, add diced onion.
- When onion is slightly browned, add salsa and tomatoes. Remove mixture from heat.
- Separate crescent rolls and put half in bottom of 8x8 pan.
- Spoon beef mixture on top of crescent rolls. Top with cheeses.
- Arrange other half of crescent rolls on top. If desired, sprinkle some cheese on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.