Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is very quick, easy and inexpensive to make. It's one of my DH's favorites more so than mine.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- Brown onions and flour in butter until golden brown.
- Add pepper, paprika, ground beef and mushroom soup.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Add sour cream and heat through.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
Delicious. I didn't use the or flour and added some diced red bell pepper and sliced mushrooms to help get some veggies in. I used veggie crumbles in place of the beef and low fat soup and fat free sour cream. It was yummy over brown rice. It really lives up to the quick and easy promise too
I thought this was a quick and easy stoganoff. I have another one I like better, but this one is great when you don't have much time. I did add an extra can of cream of mushroom to make it more creamy, a sprinkling of salt and a little extra pepper & paprika.
A totally 5 star winner of a recipe here! Easy to make, fast and above all great tasting!! Sh, don't tell but I did increase the paprika to 1 teaspoon but that was all. Made for *PAC Fall 2007* game