I came up with this when I started making Chicken soup and decided to add the Tapioca and it tasted just the same, if not better! This will make somewhat of a smaller batch of soup, so this can easily be doubled if need be. Just as a note, I have found the Brown Rice Pasta noodles at Trader Joe's. I just recently found that Wal-Mart also have a couple of varieties of Brown Rice Pasta Noodles, which may be more convenient and available than Trader Joes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 -4 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can gluten-free chicken stock (Make sure to check label to be sure that it is gluten free)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons sage
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice pasta
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1In a large pot, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Salt and pepper the chicken breasts and sauté for about 5 minutes, turn and sauté for about 3 minutes more. Remove the chicken from the pan. They will not need to be cooked through, as you will continue to cook them in the soup.
- 2Add the remaining two tablespoons of butter and add the chopped onions and cook them for about 5 minutes or so. Add the tapioca flour and stir in until the onions are thickened. You may need to add some more of the flour if it needs it. Add the chicken broth and the water and stir well with a whisk. Season the broth with the sage and the salt and pepper. You may not need to add the salt if the broth has enough.
- 3Return the chicken back to the pot and put a lid on the pan and continue to cook in the broth for about 10 minutes or so.
- 4Remove the chicken and cut the chicken into good bite size pieces. Add the frozen vegetables and the cut up chicken to the pot and cook for another 5-10 minutes or so.
- 5Add the canned milk and stir in well. Serve hot. I usually love to eat my soup with some fresh rolls, so if you have any gluten free rolls, dip them into the soup and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.9
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 97.4 mg
- Sodium 267.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 22.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten-free chicken stock
brown rice pasta