- 453.59 g penne pasta, cooked
- 12-15 slice thick uncooked bacon, finely chopped
- 226.79 g packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 14.79-29.58 ml finely chopped fresh garlic
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes (or adjust to suit heat level)
- 473.18 ml heavy 35% cream, unwhipped
- 177.44-236.59 ml grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 3 green onions, chopped (can use more)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet cook the chopped bacon until crisp; remove to a bowl.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoon bacon fat from the skillet.
- Add in sliced mushrooms, garlic and chili flakes; cook for about 3 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Reduce heat to low then stir in the whipping cream and parmesan cheese.
- Mix in the cooked pasta, bacon and green onions; stir to heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.