1/1 Photo of Quick and Easy Creamy Bacon-Mushroom Pasta Skillet
This takes very little time to make, which makes it a perfect week night meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces penne pasta, cooked
- 12 -15 slices thick uncooked bacon, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 -2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or adjust to suit heat level)
- 2 cups heavy 35% cream, unwhipped
- 3/4-1 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 3 green onions, chopped (can use more)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1In a large skillet cook the chopped bacon until crisp; remove to a bowl.
- 2Drain all but 2 tablespoon bacon fat from the skillet.
- 3Add in sliced mushrooms, garlic and chili flakes; cook for about 3 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
- 4Reduce heat to low then stir in the whipping cream and parmesan cheese.
- 5Mix in the cooked pasta, bacon and green onions; stir to heat through.
- 6Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Creamy Bacon-Mushroom Pasta Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 967.1
- Calories from Fat 501
- Total Fat 55.7 g
- Saturated Fat 30.3 g
- Cholesterol 165.4 mg
- Sodium 535.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 23.3 g