Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This takes very little time to make, which makes it a perfect week night meal.
- 16 ounces penne pasta, cooked
- 12 -15 slices thick uncooked bacon, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 -2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or adjust to suit heat level)
- 2 cups heavy 35% cream, unwhipped
- 3⁄4-1 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 3 green onions, chopped (can use more)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a large skillet cook the chopped bacon until crisp; remove to a bowl.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoon bacon fat from the skillet.
- Add in sliced mushrooms, garlic and chili flakes; cook for about 3 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Reduce heat to low then stir in the whipping cream and parmesan cheese.
- Mix in the cooked pasta, bacon and green onions; stir to heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
My 9yr old daughter loves mushrooms and bacon and this recipe has plenty of both! She loved it! Thanks for sharing!
This turned out great! I used turkey bacon and fat-free half and half and it was still rich and delicious. I did thicken the sauce with some flour/water at the end since it seemed a bit thin. I also used cheese tortellini instead of noodles. Great dish for the whole family. Thanks for posting!