Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Last minute meal idea that is easy to do and tastes good.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped finely
- 0.55-0.66 lb button mushrooms, sliced finely
- 1⁄2 cup marsala
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon beef stock
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 0.83 lb quick-cooking polenta (I buy one that is 2min cook time)
- 3 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 0.26 lb grated parmesan cheese
- 0.26 lb mascarpone
- 0.13 lb butter
- 2 tablespoons cream
- Chicken Marsala.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan add onion to pan and stir until soft, add the mushrooms and stir for a few minutes. At the same time in another frying pan be cooking the chicken this just has to be turned a couple of times during the cooking process and cooked until done.
- Add Marsala wine, water and stock powder to mushrooms and bring to the boil then turn down the heat to medium. Stir a little water into the cornflour and to mixture to thicken slightly.
- Serve chicken over soft polenta pour some sauce over the chicken and top with chives.
- Soft Creamy Polenta.
- Bring the water and the stock to the boil in a pan. Add the polenta slowly whisking all the time while adding. When all the polenta has been added turn down the heat and stir continuously with wooden spoon until mixture is thick.
- Add the mascarpone, Parmesan and butter stir until cheese has melted. Add the cream and salt and pepper to taste serve immediately with chicken.
- For a photo visit http://the-best-recipes.blogspot.com/.
I can't believe I haven't rated this yet! I make this every time I want Marsala. I haven't actually made the polenta although I'm sure I would love it - hubby is not a fan, so we serve with mashed potatoes instead. I love how easy the recipe is, and the depth of flavor is great. Making it again tonight, and just pinned it on my menu board at pinterest.com. Thanks for sharing!!
If nothing else, this gets 5 stars for the ease of putting together a good meal with a great presentation. But it is flavorful too! The mushroom sauce melds perfectly with the cheesy, creamy polenta and the chicken. The only change I made was to substitute boneless, skinless chicken thighs because that is what I had on hand. Thank you Flying Chef for a quick meal that I would gladly serve to guests.