Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Using packaged ingredients cuts down the prep time for a quick weeknight dinner. Dinner on the table in about 20 minutes. Adapted from Land O'Lakes--Great Pasta.
- 1 (15 ounce) package oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb chicken breast, chop into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- light soy sauce
- Break noodles in half; cook according to package directions.
- Rinse with hot water; drain well.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet or wok, heat oil over MED-HIGH; sauté garlic to fragrant, stirring constantly.
- Add seasoning packet from mix and the chicken. Continue cooking; stirring until chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes,.
- Stir in coleslaw mix. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until cabbage is slightly soft but crisp, about 1 minutes.
- Stir in cooked noodles and green onions. Cook,stirring constantly until heated through, about 1 1/2 minutes. Season to taste with lite soy sauce.
- Note: Add some red pepper flakes for heat, if desired.
This came out terrible. The mix came out in clumps. Never making this again :(
This was good and easy to make. I made the recipe as directed and I thought it made way more then 4 servings (which isn't a bad thing - just making note). My children really liked it and even ate it cold. Will make again.
This is a very tasty dish. I made it a week ago and already my two grandkids have asked to have it again. Thanks Caroline.