Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love this recipe. There is something about the sauce that you pour on at the very end that just makes this AMAZING!!!! I'm posting this for ZWT 2008! This is a great one for the Asian challenge!
- 1 lb rump steak, finely sliced and slightly frozen, it's easier to cut frozen
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb broccoli, chopped to bite sized florets
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Put meat in a bowl with 2 Tbs soy sauce and ginger mix well.
- Heat your wok or frying pan to very hot.
- Add oil and coat the sides well.
- Add beef and broccoli and stir-fry until meat changes color (about 2 minutes).
- Dissolve cornstarch into the beef stock and stir in remaining soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Add to the beef and broccoli -- stir until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
This was not a recipe I will be using again. It was very bland and if the hubby doesnt enjoy then it just woulnt work in my house cause he likes everything. Sorry.
The whole family enjoyed this simple dish. We felt it lacked a little something though, so next time I'll add some garlic and maybe red pepper flakes and a little more soy sauce just to perk it up a bit. I doubled the sauce, since we all like lots. The store was having a sale on steamer bag veggies so I used one of broccoli and one of broccoli, carrots and cauliflower instead of cooking the fresh in the pan. This is probably the best beef and broccoli recipe I've tried so far, so I know I'll be making it again. Thanks for sharing!
So easy to make for a quick weeknight meal. I needed to add a little more cornstarch to get the sauce to thicken.