Recipe by Sarah in New York
I love this recipe. There is something about the sauce that you pour on at the very end that just makes this AMAZING!!!! I'm posting this for ZWT 2008! This is a great one for the Asian challenge!
- 1 lb rump steak, finely sliced and slightly frozen, it's easier to cut frozen
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb broccoli, chopped to bite sized florets
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Put meat in a bowl with 2 Tbs soy sauce and ginger mix well.
- Heat your wok or frying pan to very hot.
- Add oil and coat the sides well.
- Add beef and broccoli and stir-fry until meat changes color (about 2 minutes).
- Dissolve cornstarch into the beef stock and stir in remaining soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Add to the beef and broccoli -- stir until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice or noodles.