Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Here is a super-good and easy to make baked bean recipe, one that I make quite often in the colder months
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1⁄3 cup hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 1-qt baking dish.
- In a skillet cook bacon until crisp; drain and reserve 2 tablespoons of drippings.
- In the same skillet saute green pepper in drippings until tender; set aside.
- Drain 1 can of beans.
- In a bowl combine both cans beans, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, mustard and sauteed green pepper.
- Transfer to baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with bacon.
Delicious. My family won't eat them plain anymore. I fry the bacon, then green pepper. I follow the recipe as is, but I put everything in the crock pot on low till the company arrives! (I don't bake them in the oven). Everyone loves these beans! Thanks for a great recipe.
so easy so delicious, I upped the bacon to 6, another winning recipe Kit.
Awesome baked beans and so easy to put together. Wonderful flavor. May add a little onion next time but maybe not. thanks Kitz for sharing.