Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From The MDC Kitchen To Yours
Make and share this Quiche Lorraine recipe from Food.com.
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cooked ham, chopped fine
- 2 cups whole milk or 2 cups light cream
- 8 slices diced cooked bacon
- 1⁄3 cup onion
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated old cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Beat the eggs in large mixing bowl until frothy.
- Add milk, onions, pepper and nutmeg, mix lightly.
- Cook bacon and drain fat.
- Add the bacon, ham and both cheeses to the above mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into unbaked deep pie shell and bake at 325°F for 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cut pie into sixths or eighths if used as an appetizer.
- Cut into fourths if used as a main dish.
This is a wonderful quiche! It is so easy to put together! I followed the recipe as written. My whole family enjoyed this!!