Recipe by Chef Toot
There are many recipes for Lorraine, but this is one of the original, really "fat" (but DELICIOUS) ones. Given to me by my MIL about 40 years ago, so I have no idea where it came from.
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells
- 3⁄4 lb bacon, fried crisp and drained well
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, shredded (6 oz by weight)
- 4 eggs, medium or large
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half or 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake pastry according to package directions to a light brown crust, and let cool.
- Toss together bacon and cheese.
- Place mixture into crust.
- Mix together eggs, whipping cream, half and half, flour, salt, pepper, nutmeg.
- Pour egg mixture over cheese mixture in crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 60 minutes, or until set.