We ordered a dip like this at a restaurant recently and I decided to try and re-create it. Thanks to the "chipotle" suggestion from my bud Riff I believe this is exact. It may sound awkward with crawfish but I assure you it is wonderful and ever so easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1~Iused my crockpot for this~.
- 2Cube the cheese to make melting easier.
- 3Cut the end off each pepper and push the seeds out with the flat portion of a knife then dice finely.
- 4If crawfish meat portions are too large, cut into smaller pieces.
- 5Put all ingredients into crockpot including the adobe sauce from your peppers, stir frequently to allow all to melt and blend.
- 6I served with multi colored tortilla chips.
- 7The chipotle pepper is very spicy so you may want to omit the chili powder or cut back on the number of peppers if you do not like it spicy.
- 8*Thestore brand of Velveta works very well and the crawfish amount is just over a cup and I am sure you can use fresh as well.
- 9This is also easy to make in the microwave but making it in a crockpot you can serve it in it as well keeping the dip warm.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Queso Dip with Crawfish (Spicy)
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 910.4
- Calories from Fat 594
- Total Fat 66.0 g
- Saturated Fat 43.0 g
- Cholesterol 238.9 mg
- Sodium 4494.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 24.3 g
- Protein 48.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo