Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love this sauce! As I always have the ingredients on hand, this is a simple, yet tasty sauce to have on hand. I adapted this recipe from a number of sources and came up with this
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -6 garlic, minced
- 28 ounces tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 4 anchovy fillet, rinsed and chopped
- 12 Greek olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 -3 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 1⁄2 lb penne or 1⁄2 lb shell pasta or 1⁄2 lb rigatoni pasta or 1⁄2 lb gnocchi or 1⁄2 lb pierogi
- Heat oil and cook garlic.
- Add tomatoes and liquid and cook for 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, add remaining ingredients.
My favorite way to eat marinara sauce is heaped with broccoli so I enjoyed this recipe very much! I omitted the capers (didn't have any) but used green and black olives. After sauteeing garlic I simmered everything else in the sauce. Thanks Abby Girl, for posting. Roxygirl