1/1 Photo of Purfect Pumpkin Bread
1 hr 15 mins
Found the base for this Pumpkin Bread Recipe in an old Southern Living Cookbook. My 'Mom's Banana Bread' Recipe has a little 'secret' tip to making it so great - (seperating the eggs and beating the whites...). So, I put 2 and 2 together, and oila! Also, I like the rich spiciness that should accompany pumpkin dishes - thus I added the chinese 5 spice, makes it that much better! This is a great Fall / Holiday Bread -- I think you'll agree.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 158.51 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 473.18 ml pumpkin, canned
- 78.07 ml milk
- 78.07 ml water
- 787.84 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml Chinese five spice powder
- 4.92 ml flax seed
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 158.51 ml pecans (optional) or 158.51 ml walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 158.51 ml dried cranberries (optional) or 158.51 ml raisins (optional)
- 1*Cream together oil & sugars at medium speed with an electric hand mixer.
- 2*Add egg yolks - one at a time, beating after each addition.
- 3*Stir in canned pumpkin, water, & milk.
- 4*Combine flour & the next 5 ingredients in a separate mixing bowl, and add to the creamed mixture, a little at a time – mixing well.
- 5*Add in Vanilla and the flax seed, - blend.
- 6*Meanwhile, beat the egg whites with hand mixer until stiff, (make sure to use clean beaters), whites will form meringue peaks.
- 7*Next, gently stir in dried raisins or cranberries, and nuts into the batter.
- 8*Fold the meringue gently into the pumpkin bread batter.
- 9*Spoon batter into greased & floured loaf pans.
- 10*Bake at 350° for 1 hour, or until a toothpick when inserted in the center of the loaves, comes out clean.
- 11*Cool loaves on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Purfect Pumpkin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1212.2
- Calories from Fat 391
- Total Fat 43.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 214.3 mg
- Sodium 1215.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 189.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 104.4 g
- Protein 18.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder