Nutritious soup for vegans, vegetarians and Lent observers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tomato (seeded, chopped)
- 1 potato (peeled, chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 2 leeks (cut below the dark green part, chopped)
- 2 carrots (peeled, chopped)
- 1 cup cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- 1 red pepper (seeded, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil (diced)
- 2 zucchini (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh parsley (diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (diced) or 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic (diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (berbere)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups water
- salt and black pepper
- 1Rinse well all vegetables before chopping.
- 2Put all chopped vegetables, basil, fresh garlic, two tablespoons of oil in a big pot; Add 6 cups of water or more; cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- 3Strain the water from the cooked vegetables; set aside the vegetable stock (it will be about 4 cups).
- 4Purée (mash) the cooked vegetables in a blender or food processor.
- 5In a lower heat, bring to boil three cups of the vegetable stock; add one tablespoon of oil.
- 6Pour the blended vegetables to the boiling pot; add chili powder (berbere), garlic powder, black pepper, salt and bay leaves; if desired add one cup of vegetable stock; cook for 15 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat; sprinkle fresh parsley and serve it hot.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Purée Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (561 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.4
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 63.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 3.6 g