Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Nutritious soup for vegans, vegetarians and Lent observers.
Make and share this Purée Vegetable Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tomatoes (seeded, chopped)
- 1 potato (peeled, chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 2 leeks (cut below the dark green part, chopped)
- 2 carrots (peeled, chopped)
- 1 cup cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- 1 red pepper (seeded, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil (diced)
- 2 zucchini (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh parsley (diced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (diced) or 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh garlic (diced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (berbere)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups water
- salt and black pepper
- Rinse well all vegetables before chopping.
- Put all chopped vegetables, basil, fresh garlic, two tablespoons of oil in a big pot; Add 6 cups of water or more; cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Strain the water from the cooked vegetables; set aside the vegetable stock (it will be about 4 cups).
- Purée (mash) the cooked vegetables in a blender or food processor.
- In a lower heat, bring to boil three cups of the vegetable stock; add one tablespoon of oil.
- Pour the blended vegetables to the boiling pot; add chili powder (berbere), garlic powder, black pepper, salt and bay leaves; if desired add one cup of vegetable stock; cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle fresh parsley and serve it hot.