Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Wontons are a great ingredient to use to make easy ravioli out of any flavor. Very quick and yummy.
- 6 ounces wonton wrappers
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- salt & pepper
- Combine pumpkin, egg, salt & pepper.
- Hold a wonton wrapper in the palm of your hand, with the other hand dip a finger into water and wet the outside edge of the perimeter of the wonton wrapper.
- Spoon about 1-1.5 teaspoonful of pumpkin mixture into the center and fold wonton over.pressing wet edges together to seal(you can make triangles or rectangles).
- When all ravioli are filled, drop them into simmering water for approximately 3 minutes.
- Drain ravioli.
- Melt butter in pan with olive oil.
- Add half & half, sage and salt & pepper.
- Add ravioli to sauce and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with fresh shaved parmigiano regiano.
I only used the sage butter sauce on this recipe. I had used a pumpkin ricotta mixture in my raviolis. I love using won ton wrappers for these because it makes it so much quicker and the flavor is excellent. I didn't have any problems with making them or boiling them, they stayed intact. Then I simmered them in the sauce. Sage butter sauce goes so well with pumpkin raviolis. They were like eating little pillows of delight. Thanks for sharing your recipe Queen!!
Tried out making the ravioli before starting the sauce to make sure it would be a good meal (just in case we had to order takeout). Unfortunately the ravioli were not good at all. I honestly think it was the wonton wrappers. They were way too thick and gummy for a ravioli.
The sauce was okay after I heated it excessively, but the wontons were horrible and definitely should not be boiled.