Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Roasted pumpkin and a delicious spicy glaze. Something a little different to add to your Thanksgiving menu.
- 2 lbs baking pumpkin or 2 lbs squash
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄3 cup chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon curry powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the pumpkin or squash into 4 wedges and remove seeds. Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add the pumpkin; partially covering with water.
- Boil 10-15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain.
- Glaze: Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add the onion and saute about 2 minutes or until softened. Stir in the chipotle sauce, maple syrup, salt and curry powder. Heat 1 minute and stir until thoroughly blended.
- Arrange the pumpkin wedges cut side up in a shallow baking pan. Spoon the glaze over the wedges. Roast approximately 15-20 minutes, basting once with the sauce.