My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar (250 gms)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (114 gms)
- 2 large eggs (100 gms)
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned pumpkin (425 gms)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half (236 gms) or 1/2 cup milk (236 gms)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (350 gms)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, to taste
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (120 gms) (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional) or 1/2 cup chopped dates (optional)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (optional) or 1/2 cup cinnamon baking chips (optional)
- 1Move your oven rack so that the top of the loaf will be in the center of the oven.
- 2Heat the oven to 325ºF.
- 3Grease a large loaf pan with with shortening.
- 4Line with parchment if desired.
- 5Cream sugar and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- 6Stir in eggs until blended and smooth. Add pumpkin, milk, and vanilla.
- 7Beat until smooth.
- 8Mix remaining dry ingredients in ziplock bag and gently combine with pumpkin mix. Stir in nuts and/or raisins/chips. Pour into pan and bake for 75- 90 minutes (until wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean).
- 9Start testing after an hour.
- 10Cool 5 minutes on wire rack still in pan.
- 11Then remove from pan and place top side up.
- 12Cool completely before slicing.
- 13Can be served with a simple glaze or White Chocolate Cream Cheese Buttercream (#73474). Wrap tightly and store a room temperature for 4 days or in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin - Walnut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.9
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 59.3 mg
- Sodium 519.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 4.5 g