Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Hi Steve...I made your Pumpkin-Walnut bread yeaterday, and wow did it ever come out great, very moist, and had a wonderful flavor, I made it with half and half cream, and omited the dates and the raisins, and added chocolate chips and the walnuts, I also drizzled a vanilla glaze on the cakes, and baked them in 3 mini loaf pans, cause, I gave one away. Thank you Steve for a wonderful Pumpkin bread, I will be definately be making this again, it was delicious!...5 stars all the way. :-)
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed dark brown sugar (250 gms)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (114 gms)
- 2 large eggs (100 gms)
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned pumpkin (425 gms)
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half (236 gms) or 1⁄2 cup milk (236 gms)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour (350 gms)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, to taste
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (120 gms) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional) or 1⁄2 cup chopped dates (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chips (optional) or 1⁄2 cup cinnamon baking chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Move your oven rack so that the top of the loaf will be in the center of the oven.
- Heat the oven to 325ºF.
- Grease a large loaf pan with with shortening.
- Line with parchment if desired.
- Cream sugar and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Stir in eggs until blended and smooth. Add pumpkin, milk, and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Mix remaining dry ingredients in ziplock bag and gently combine with pumpkin mix. Stir in nuts and/or raisins/chips. Pour into pan and bake for 75- 90 minutes (until wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean).
- Start testing after an hour.
- Cool 5 minutes on wire rack still in pan.
- Then remove from pan and place top side up.
- Cool completely before slicing.
- Can be served with a simple glaze or White Chocolate Cream Cheese Buttercream (#73474). Wrap tightly and store a room temperature for 4 days or in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.