Recipe by breezermom
This is a recipe for one of those busy nights when you want something hot and hearty! Easy to use ingredients, with minimal chopping! Very satisfying and delicious.
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cups chicken stock (canned chicken broth can be substituted)
- 1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick-peas)
- 1 cup potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in butter in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until tender. Add broth and next 6 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in pumpkin, salt, nutmeg, and white pepper. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in whipping cream; cook until heated through.