1 hr 10 mins
Connie K's Note:
This is a holiday dessert that sparkles! It looks elegant, and tastes delicious. From 'A Passion for Desserts'.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line the bottom of a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- 3Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- 4Add the brown sugar and whisk until smooth.
- 5Pour the brown sugar into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- 6In a medium bowl, combine the cranberries and pecans; place them in the pan over the brown sugar mixture.
- 7In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, and oil.
- 8In another bowl, sift together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- 9Stir the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
- 10Carefully spread the batter over the cranberry pecan topping.
- 11Bake the cake until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
- 12Let cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- 13Place a large plate or platter on top of the cake.
- 14Invert the cake and plate together, then remove the pan.
- 15Carefully peel off the parchment paper.
- 16Let cool completely before serving.
- 17Serve with Chantilly Cream, optionally.
- 18For Chantilly Cream: Whisk the cream, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until soft peaks form.
- 19The cream should hold its shape but still be satiny in appearance.
- 20It should never be grainy.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Upside-down Cake With Cranberry Pecan Topping
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 731.8
- Calories from Fat 444
- Total Fat 49.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 137.4 mg
- Sodium 164.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 50.2 g
- Protein 5.6 g