Pumpkin Upside-down Cake with Cranberry Pecan Topping
- Ready In:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups pumpkin puree (almost a full can)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Line the bottom of a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper Mix the butter and brown sugar until smooth and pour into the pan Combine the cranberries and pecans and pour them over the brown sugar mixture In a bowl, beat the eggs and then add the pumpkin puree, oil, applesauce, flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt Carefully spread the batter over the cranberry-pecan topping.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean (about 40 minutes) Let cool for 10 minutes Run a knife around the edges, place a large plate or platter over the cake, and invert Remove the pan and carefully peel off parchmen.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!