Pumpkin Upside-Down Cake
photo by wife2abadge
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3 eggs
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk (Milnot)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 box yellow cake mix (not pudding-in-the-mix recipe)
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine, melted & cooled
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine eggs, pumpkin, evaporated milk, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt& sugar until well combined, and pour into an ungreased 13x9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of pumpkin mixture, drizzle with butter.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle nuts on top& bake for another 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
EXCELLENT! My hubby made this for a church picnic and it went over well, it was still warm when we took it. We did however have a problem. After we put the nuts on it and put it back into the oven after 24 minutes it scorched the nuts so we had to take all of the nuts off and put new ones on and to hide the blemishes we sprinkled powdered sugar on it. So my suggestion is to check it after 15 minutes after the nuts are on. It could've been my oven but that is what I am going to do now and I figured if you check it with a knife or toothpick after the first time you would know exactly what to bake it in your oven. Thank you for posting we will definately be making this one again, we are going to try and scale the calories and fat down in it next time.
see 7 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have been a Central Illinois resident all my life. My hobbies include fishing with my husband, reading, counted cross stitch, and of course, cooking (especially baking)! I currently work in an office, behind a desk, pushing paper. My dream would be to open my own bakery. Spending time in the kitchen is very relaxing to me, and it keeps me connected to my domestic side!