Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Bon Appetit. Reviews from Epicurious said it was good with smoked paprika.
Make and share this Pumpkin-Turkey Goulash recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (1587.57 g) skinless turkey thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 118.29 ml sweet paprika (or a combo) or 118.29 ml hot paprika (or a combo)
- 9.85 ml kosher salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 2 large onions, choppped
- 2 large russet potatoes, about 1 1/2 lb, peeled and cut in 1 inch pieces
- 946.36 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 411.06 g can pumpkin
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, plus
- 44.37 ml fresh thyme, chopped
- 680.38 g egg noodles
- 73.94 ml butter
- 14.79 ml caraway seed
- Place turkey, paprika, 2 t salt, and 1 t pepper in a large resealable bag. Seal bag; shake. Heat oil in large pot over med-high. Remove turkey from spice mixture (reserve spice mixture in bag). Add turkey to pot; cook 5 minute Place onions and potatoes in bag with spice mixture. Seal bag; shake to coat. Add veggies to pot; cook 5 min, turning occasionally. Add broth, pumpkin, garlic, bay leaf, and thyme sprig; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes begin to fall apart, about 1 hour.
- Discard thyme sprig. Stir in 1 T chopped thyme. Season stew with salt and pepper.
- Can be made ahead up to 2 days ahead.
- Cook noodles til tender but still firm to bite. Drain noodles; return to pot. Add butter and caraway seeds. Toss until butter melts. Divide noodles among bowls; top with stew and sprinkle with remaining thyme. Serve with sour cream, if desired.