Recipe by TigerJo~
I love this recipe because no one has a clue it has tofu in it. It was in an old American Heart Association cookbook.
Top Review by COREprojects
Great recipe! Use the full amount of sugar though :) I used a little over 3tsp of pumpkin pie spice according to reviewer's advice and it was too strong for me. I would stick with 2-3 in the future. Beware that this may go bad more quickly than normal pumpkin pie because of the tofu. Enjoy! <3
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells or 1 (10 inch) pie shells
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked prepared pumpkin
- 1⁄2-1 cup sugar (or to taste) or 1⁄2-1 cup Splenda granular (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 -3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup soft tofu
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F; Prepare pie crust and bake for 5-7 minutes; Remove from oven and cool; Reduce oven temp to 350°F Combine all other ingredients in a blender or food processor, blend until very smooth.
- Pour into prebaked pie shell; Bake for 1 hour or unti a knife blade inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
- Cool on a rack and serve at room temperature; store unused portions in the refrigerator.
- VARIATION: You can also serve this as a custard; spray 8 custard cups and divide the blended mixture equally; set cups in 9x13 pan in the oven and add hot water to custard line; bake at 325F for 45 minutes or until blade of knife comes out clean.