An adaptation of a Bert Green recipe by Beth Hensperger I found in local newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (divided)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- purchased caramel sauce
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter and flour an 8-inch square glass baking dish.
- 3With electric mixer; beat butter and brown sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- 4Add whole egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- 5Add flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
- 6Add pumpkin, beat well, then add pecans.
- 7Batter will be thick.
- 8Spread batter into pan.
- 9Beat together cream cheese, 2 tablespoons sugar, egg yolk, heavy cream, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until smooth.
- 10Drop by spoonfuls over batter.
- 11Using small knife, gently swirl cream cheese mixture to create a marble pattern.
- 12Bake in center of oven until tester inserted into center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
- 13Let pan rest on rack until brownies are just warm.
- 14Serve warm squares with a drizzle of warm caramel sauce and a spoonful of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- 15If not serving immediately, cover with foil and let stand at room temperature for up to one day.
- 16Reheat in a 300 degree oven for 15 minutes before serving to serve warm.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.4
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 60.7 mg
- Sodium 198.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g