Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- red food coloring
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- kosher salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch square cake pan with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang on all sides, and lightly grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small heatproof bowl, melt the butter and chocolate chips in the microwave on high, stirring at 30 second intervals; set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine 1 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and enough red food coloring to turn mixture deep red.
- Add chocolate-butter mixture and stir until smooth.
- Add flour and ½ teaspoon salt; stir until just combined and no streaks of dry ingredients remain. Batter should be dark red. Add additional food coloring if necessary.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, remaining 1/3 cup sugar, remaining egg, remaining ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, and ¼ teaspoon salt until smooth.
- In a checkerboard pattern, place spoonfuls of brownie and cheesecake batters into prepared pan. Using a butter knife or skewer, swirl to create a marbled effect.
- Transfer to oven and bake until brownies are set and edges are lightly browned, about 40 minutes.
- Cool completely on a rack and transfer to refrigerator until well-chilled, at least 2 hours and up to three days in advance.
- Cut into 9 squares and serve.
Join The Conversation