Prep 20 mins
Cook 22 mins
These muffins can be frozen -- just thaw at room temperature before serving.
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts, use your favorite
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 400º.
- Grease bottoms only of 12 medium muffin cup pan or line with paper muffin cups (I lightly spray the paper cups with cooking spray).
- Make cream cheese filling by mixing together all ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- Mix pumpkin, brown sugar, milk, oil and eggs in a large bowl with a spoon.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except nuts and stir just until flour in incorporated.
- Stir in nuts.
- Fill muffin cups 1/3 full.
- Place 1 rounded teaspoon filling on batter in each cup.
- Top each with remaining batter.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.