Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A cool twist on Pumpkin Pie. I make it every year.
- 1 pie crust
- 1 2⁄3 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Chill prepared crust for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Puree all filling ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- For topping stir first 7 ingredients together in a bowl.
- Stir in oil until dry ingredients are lightly coated.
- Sprinkle evenly over pumpkin filling.
- Bake until crust is golden and filling is set, about 45 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Serve at room temp or chilled.
This is a very tasty pumpkin pie. I really like the addition of applesauce, caus it makes the pie fruity and lighter than normal pumpkin pies. Instead of pecans I used a crunchy cereal plus 2 ts more oil, which went really well with it. Unfortunately I cant give this five stars though, because it had just too much ginger in the streusel topping for my taste. I already reduced it to 1ts, but still...Next time Ill just leave it out and then itll be a definite keeper! Thank you for sharing, DiB's!