Recipe by What's Cooking?
This recipe makes a big batch (approximately 24!) of moist gluten-free, dairy-free pumpkin muffins that can be refrigerated or frozen. This recipe was designed specifically for "I Can't Believe It's Not Gluten! Gluten-Free Cake Flour Mix" as the gluten-free baking mix but you should be able to substitute any light, gluten-free flour mix that contains guar or xanthan gum.
Top Review by jcrozier
I made several substitution and the muffins were still delicious. I appreciate recipes that allow for some subbing! I used Red Mill All-purpose flour plus 2 t xanthan gum, used 1/2 splenda and 1/2 molasses, and 1/2 apple sauce plus 1/2 olive oil. I added walnuts and chopped dates for fun. Muffins are delicious!
- 591.47 ml gluten-free baking mix (must contain xanthan or guar gum)
- 177.44 ml coconut flour
- 425.24 g canunseasoned pumpkin puree
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml brown sugar or 236.59 ml sucanat
- 118.29 ml maple syrup
- 118.29 ml water or 118.29 ml milk
- 29.58 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk wet ingredients together in a separate bowl, then fold into dry mixture.
- Whisk all ingredients until combined and smooth.
- Place muffin liners into two 12-muffin pans, and spray the insides of the papers with baking spray.
- Distribute batter evenly between muffin liners (approximately 1/4 cup each). Bake for 20-25 minutes.