Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Perfect fall dessert.Use that left over pumpkin and add a treat to your meal as well.
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Measure dry ingredients, except brown sugar, in bowl.
- In another bowl cream brown sugar and butter.
- Beat in oil, pumpkin and dry mixture.
- Beat in egg yolks.
- In separate bowl beat egg whites till stiff.
- Fold egg white into batter.
- Grease and flour bundt cake pan.
- Pour batter into pan. bake at 350 for about 35min or till knife inserted half way to center comes out clean.
- Turn onto heatproof plate.
- Serve with Cool Whip if desired.
This was a good cake, but I think the addition of a glaze on top would have made it much better. I'll add probably a lemon or orange glaze the next time I make it.
This is a delicious dessert! I wasn't sure when to add the vanilla since it didnt say in the instructions, so I added it along with the other wet ingredients. I had to bake for an hour though before it was done, so you may want to adjust the bake time for future reviewers. (I have an oven thermometer in my oven so I know the temp was correct.) Thanks for sharing an excellent recipe! (I dusted one with powdered sugar, and glazed the other - both were delicious!)
This cake turned out SO great! Everyone loved it! It doesn't have too much of a pumpkin flavor, which is nice, and the spices aren't overpowering; which is good, too. I made a glaze using confectioner's sugar and water, and drizzled it over the top. Great recipe!