Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe in 1967. My family and friends have enjoyed it..easy too!
- 1 box honey spice cake mix (or Spice Cake mix)
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup nuts (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
ICING FOR PUMPKIN CAKE
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix ingredients well adding nuts and dates last.
- Bake 350 degree oven until done.
- (bake in any size pan you wish).
- Whip cream till thickened, adding honey and cinnamon as it gets thicker.
A very nice cake for autumn potlucks! I use 1/2 teaspoon baking powder and a 12.5 x 17.5" baking sheet that has first been treated with no-stick cooking spray. Doing so doubles the number of servings of this yummy treat.