1 hr 30 mins
Miss Erin's Note:
This pumpkin soup has a bit of Latin flare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs pumpkin, peeled and seeded,cut into 1" cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup sour cream or 2/3 cup yogurt
- 1Put the pumpkin in a saucepan and add enough water to cover.
- 2Add 1 tsp of salt and bring to a boil, lower the heat to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3Drain and reserve the cooking liquid.
- 4Melt the butter in a clean saucepan over medium heat.
- 5Add the onion and green onions and fry them, stirring constantly until they are soft and golden, about 5 minutes.
- 6Add the pumpkin, tomatoes, coconut milk, 3 cups of the cooking liquid, half the nutmeg, a pinch of cayenne pepper, salt and freshly ground pepper Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 7Remove the pan from heat and leave it to cool slightly.
- 8Puree half the soup at a time in a blender, then return to the pan.
- 9Heat it through for 5 minutes.
- 10Pour into warmed soup bowls and swirl a bit of the sour cream or yogurt in it and sprinkle fresh nutmeg on top Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.6
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 35.3 mg
- Sodium 99.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 5.7 g