Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Pumpkin pie with no crust to roll out. This is a fantastic dessert to add to your holiday meal. Recipe from Taste of Home.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- whipped cream, for topping
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup of sugar and flour; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press into ungreased 13x9 baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin, salt, spices and 1 1/2 c sugar.
- Stir in milk and pour over crust.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350° and bake for 50 to 55 minutes more or until filling is set.
- Cool on wire rack, then cover and refrigerate.
- Cut into squares and top with whipped cream.
Easy, tasty. Crust better than traditional pie. No soggy crust IF there are leftovers. Size of 2 deep dish pies. 6 out of 6 votes for better than our tried and true pumpkin pie recipe
Delicious...I'm finding a lot of pumpkin recipes here on 'zaar that I've enjoyed already and this is one of the easiest ways to prepare dessert for a crowd for Thanksgiving or Christmas or what ever holiday you celebrate. It is easier to make a couple of these to feed the multitudes at a large family function than to fuss making 4-6 pies.
I have made this dessert a number of times and always get rave reviews. Most people like it better than pumpkin pie. I love that it serves a big crowd. Thanks for sharing!